Los Angeles, CA – Press Release: Dog Vacay (http://www.dogvacay.com/), the online marketplace that matches dog owners in need of pet-care services with amazing qualified animal caregivers, launches today in Los Angeles and San Francisco. With Dog Vacay’s new service to find dogs local homes to stay when their owners are away, dog owners who travel are no longer forced to choose between a caged kennel or burdening a friend with the responsibility of pet-sitting.
Whether looking for a cozy 1-bedroom for a Chihuahua or a 10-acre ranch for a Greyhound, Dog Vacay is the ideal solution for dog lovers searching for the right service at the right price. Dog Vacay’s comprehensive community of pre-qualified pet care providers on a user-friendly platform revolutionizes what was a typically cumbersome experience for dog owners.
Founded by a husband and wife team, Aaron Hirschhorn and Karine Nissim Hirschhorn, Dog Vacay was inspired by the desire to find a real home for dogs, so that their boarding experience is as much a vacation as their owner’s. The goal is for dog owners to feel good about dropping off their dogs for boarding, because they know they are leaving them in capable hands of fellow pet owners who will treat them with the same level of love and care as they give their own dogs.
Dog owners can sign up on DogVacay.com and book services with the peace of mind that comes with experienced hosts, photo updates, 24/7 support, and insurance coverage. In addition to boarding services, users can also find dog walkers, trainers, day-care, pet-sitting (in their own home), and other unique services like pet massage by calling the Dog Vacay concierge.
Pet care providers can sign up for a free listing and enjoy the benefits of a nationwide marketing campaign to dog owners actively looking for boarding and care solutions. Hosts are a high-quality mix of professional pet-sitters with training, and dog lovers who have extensive experience caring for man’s best friend. The platform gives hosts complete control, from setting their own rates, deciding what dogs to host, and managing scheduling and credit card payments.
Hosts are vetted on multiple factors including user reviews, social network connections, online training, and interviews directly by Dog Vacay staff. For many hosts, such as retirees, professionals with flexible work-at-home schedules, or stay-at-home moms with dogs of their own, Dog Vacay presents the opportunity to make additional income doing what they already love, taking care of dogs.
“Dog Vacay inspires more than a dog-sitting placement service, it’s a community where the dedicated dog owner can find affordable, customizable and convenient ways to care for their best friend. Our company motto is ‘Why should humans have all the fun?’ because creating positive experiences for the dog is our mission,” said Aaron Hirschhorn, co-founder and CEO of Dog Vacay.
“Vacations were always overshadowed with the guilt of leaving our dogs, Rocky and Rambo, in a caged kennel where they may not get the attention they need. We believed there was a better way of caring for dogs, so we tested out the concept for Dog Vacay in our own home, and before we knew it, we had more clients than we could handle and decided to launch the Dog Vacay platform,” said Karine Nissim Hirschhorn, co-founder of Dog Vacay.
“Dog Vacay is a new way of solving an old problem that plagues every dog owner when they need to leave their pet for an extended period of time. Americans spend nearly $10 billion on pet boarding and other pet services, and yet it’s a process filled with anxiety because the majority of people’s only option is to cage their dog at a kennel. With the introduction of Dog Vacay, pet owners finally have a practical personalized solution to their pet care needs using the best of the social web – an engaged marketplace community layered over social network verifications and user reviews to pair dogs with caring qualified hosts. By establishing a trusted community of dog lovers, it’s inevitable the site will roll out other unique products and services,” said Michael Jones, CEO of Science, Inc., an investor and Board Member of Dog Vacay.
Additional highlights include:
• Host qualification verifications – Social media endorsements and user reviews; Dog Vacay interviews and background checks; professional certifications like pet first aid / CPR, and medical boarding. Facebook Connect allows you to see sitters with whom you have mutual friends.
• Insurance and medical care – Full insurance covering the dog (up to $25K) for a variety of emergencies. Hosts are offered additional insurance options at a reduced group rate if they don’t have an existing policy.
• Partnership with VCA Animal Hospitals – Emergency pet care (if necessary) will be provided through a preferred partnership with VCA Animal Hospitals, the largest network of free standing veterinary hospitals in the country.
• Regular status updates – Pet-sitters send regular photo and video updates via email or MMS to the clients, which can then be shared with the Dog Vacay community and across social networks.
• Peace of mind – Dog Vacay understands that sometimes pictures, testimonials, verifications, reviews, and recommendations are not enough — sometimes you just want to meet someone the old fashioned way before leaving your dog. After users book their stay, they can arrange for an in-person “meet & greet” before committing.
• Affordable – With Dog Vacay’s hosts setting their own prices, you have the option of finding a large variety of rates that won’t add up to more than your actual vacation.
• Fun for all – Dogs have the comfort of a home environment, which is an easier transition for them than a loud, caged facility and it’s perfect for dog owners who aren’t comfortable giving someone keys to their home.
About Dog Vacay
Dog Vacay is a community marketplace where dog lovers come together to provide personalized care for their pets. The revolutionary service matches qualified local sitters with individual dogs’ needs – whether you want a one-bedroom apartment for your Chihuahua or a 10-acre ranch for your Greyhound, Dog Vacay provides the best host and environment for your dog. Users can book stays for their pets with confidence and peace of mind – The Dog Vacay Guarantee includes pet insurance, emergency veterinary care, 24/7 customer support, and photo updates. The service is currently available in Los Angeles and San Francisco and will soon expand nationwide.
Dog Vacay is on the web at http://dogvacay.com/. Follow Dog Vacay on Twitter at http://twitter.com/dogvacay, on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/dogvacay/ or become a Facebook Fan at http://www.facebook.com/DogVacay.
Taryn Langer; Moxie Communications Group; [email protected]; 917.703.1146
• 77 million dogs are owned by 46 million U.S. households (National Pet Owners Survey)
• 82.2% of dog owners board their animals in kennels while they vacation (30 million owners use 9,000 kennels every year – according to Profile America)
• 6.8% of dog owners board their pets in kennels in order to meet work obligations (Profile America)
• 1.5% of dog owners board their pets in kennels to attend to emergencies (Profile America)
• Women outnumber men three to one as kennel customers
• 62: Average number of dog enclosures at a mid-sized boarding facility (American Boarding Kennels Association)
• Average pet owner spends $273 per year on boarding (APPMA, www.appma.org)
This concept is already being done by Rover.com. They appear to have members all over the country. Looks like this space is heating up!
Yes, rover is a cool site. Rover.com
Just so you know, a greyhound doesn’t require 10 acres to exercise, and your 10-acre ranch would have to be fenced in with 6-foot tall fences for a greyhound to be let loose.
Sorry, all greyhound rescue organizations try to erase that conception from people’s minds that a greyhound if full of energy and requires miles of running to be happy, keeping them from adopting those wonderful and calm companions.
Just give him the Chihuahua room with a bigger cushion and he’ll just sleep through the day like all greyhounds do.
Great idea! Signed up and picked out a host. Going to go and meet them tomorrow! Bella is so excited for her vacation!
I’m glad a service like this exists! I’m always apprehensive sending my dog to a kennel or having a stranger in my home. Already picked out a few people for the next time I go out of town!
[…] DogVacay.com Launches Superior Alternative to Kennels with a Community of Loving and Trusted Dog Boa… […]
Comments are closed.