Who knew there was a national dress up your pet day? Well if you didn’t, you know now that there is! It’s January 14th and PetMD has put together the top 10 reasons why you should dress up your pet, both cats and dogs. Their list was too good not to share, so we want to say thanks to PedMD and we hope you enjoy these reasons!
Top 10 Reasons to Dress up Your Pet
1. Clothes Can Show Off Your Pet’s Personality: People use clothes to show off their personality, why shouldn’t your pet?
2. You Wear Clothes, Your Pet Wants To, Too: Does your pet follow you around? Want to sit on the couch when you sit on the couch? Go outside when he sees you heading to the door? It is safe to say then that anything you do, your pet will want to do as well. And we think that includes dressing up.
3. It’s Probably Cold Outside Anyway: It’s January, which means that many places are experiencing very cold weather right now. So in addition to participating in National Dress Up Your Pet Day, dog coats will protect them from the elements.
4. What Pet Wouldn’t Adore the Attention: Is there anything pets love more than being the center of attention? We didn’t think so. Dress your pet up, and he’ll be sure to garner tons of attention from those he comes across on January 14.
5. Add a Little Variety to Your Routine: The majority of days in a pet’s life are quite routine. Eating, napping, going on walks … Spice up life with a day that stands out from the rest.
6. Worst Comes to Worst, the New Outfit Will Make a Good Chew Toy: So your pet doesn’t like the dog clothing you picked out. Big deal. He’ll turn it into a chew toy instead, and everyone will still be happy!
7. Wacky Holidays Can Be a Bonding Experience: Even something as silly as spending a day dressing up your pet is time spent together, and your pet relishes it.
8. You Can Support Your Favorite Team Even More: Sports fanatics rejoice! This day can be one more way to give a shout out to your favorite team. Sure they have a mascot already, but you know your pet is cuter!
9. You Can Get Matching Outfits: This goes hand-in-hand with your pet wanting to do what you do. Not only will your pet get to be dressed up, you’ll be matching! It doesn’t get much better than that.
10. Excellent Photo Op: It’s never too early to start planning for next year’s Christmas card. Especially if you’re in matching outfits. That just screams Christmas card. Or it should at least be framed.
Source of this content: PetMD